How do I prevent Cavities?
You may have heard of the clichéd phrase – prevention is better than a cure. That is certainly true in the case of cavities!
There are a variety of ways to help prevent cavities which include:
- Brushing and flossing daily; this will help reduce the amount of dental plaque and bacteria in your mouth.
- Eating sugary or starchy foods less often during the day to help reduce the amount of tooth-damaging acids in your mouth.
- Use of fluoride toothpaste, which strengthens teeth, as well as fluoride treatments provided by the dentist or taking fluoride supplements as recommended by the dentist.
- Using antibacterial mouth rinses to reduce the levels of bacteria that cause cavities.
- Chewing gum that contains xylitol; this can help decrease bacterial growth.
Preventing cavities can not only help keep your teeth healthy and beautiful for a lifetime but also prevent emergency dental care and tooth aches and save you money!